The Disaster Relief grant provides financial assistance to eligible individuals and families whose homes have been damaged by the recent February 2022 floods.
Disaster Relief Grant Eligibility
You may be eligible for financial support if the following apply:
- Your home (primary place of residence) was damaged by floods.
- You do not have insurance for the damage
- You are a low-income earner with limited financial resources
- It has been less than 4 months since the disaster
- Contact details
- The physical home address of the property that was damaged
- Temporary address and contact number
- Proof of income (one or more of the following)
- Centrelink advice letter
- Income statement or payslips
- Evidence of taxable income
- Verification of home loa repayments or rent
- Your last normal weekly rent receipt
- A statement from your lending authority
- Proof of assets
- Bank statements – for 3 months including the event date
- Proof of investments
- Council rate notice
- Insurance details (if applicable)
To apply for the above grant, please phone 13 77 88 and ask about the Disaster Relief Grant, or alternatively contact our office.